layout

Monday, June 28, 2010

16 weeks and counting...


It was a cramped day with house hunting for several hours, going to a few baby stores to get a feel for what we'd like on our registry, and then browsing the internet all night in search of the perfect baby bedding... sigh. I haven't thought much yet about the nursery, as we will most likely be moving out of this little apartment before baby Herrington comes along. I will miss this place, something about it has felt like home from the first day we moved in, It holds so many memories, I'll have to lock up in my heart so I'll never forget.

Today while trying to figure out how in the world to fold up the stroller that's supposed to be incredibly easy, I had an epiphany. Holy crap! There would soon be a little one in this stroller, a little one that WE will be responsible for. It hit me, and I stood in the stroller isle with a freaked out look and tears in my eyes as David was still trying to figure out the crazy stroller! Sometimes I don't think I really understand at all what is to come.

This week I am 16 weeks pregnant. Or 4 months. Wow, seems all the fun is starting now, and besides my few mornings sick in the past few weeks, I'm actually feeling pretty great lately. Not really having too many cravings, still lots of aversions though... Only weird thing I can think of is that I cant drink enough water, I keep a glass by my side all day, all night, and when I don't get up to drink it, I dream about it, flowing water with lemon squeezed in and I inevitably wake up so thirsty I down a whole glass! (which by the way has just been wonderful for my late night trips to the potty).

Feeling nudges here and there but cant wait to KNOW without a doubt it's baby and not just a LOT of gas or my heart somehow beating in my tummy (which is what it feels like sometimes).. THE most exciting thing though, in 48 hours I will know a little more about this little stranger inside of me... I'll blog again to reveal the sex of the baby... Stay tuned...... No idea who's even reading this, but stay tuned!

I'm attaching a picture of my belly at 15.5 weeks.

5 comments:

  1. I read it! Brought little tears to my eyes! I know I'm not in the family yet but I can't wait and feel like I already am! So happy for ya future cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it! and staying tuned for sure!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"M READING IT! And I'm loving it. =)
    Can't wait to hear!
    P.S.
    I've been voting GIRL since day 1...Just for the record. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cute preggo lady! I can't wait to find out what it is tomorrow! (I also have a hunch its a girl), but either way I can see you and david with both. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read it lady! I teared up a little and laughed because it took Jim FOREVER to figure out the stroller in babies-r-us! Braxton would have fallen out if he was in there....I couldn't stop laughing....so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete