layout

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

88 cents

So, today 88 cents has touched my heart. Wedged in the door of the church building this morning was a dirty envelope that read “For Haiti”, and in that envelope was 88 cents, and a 10 cent euro..

I have imagined a person, in the cold, probably not bundled up very well, walking around the Shop N Save parking lot next door, and scrounging up what they could. 88 cents that could have bought them a warm drink, 88 cents that could have gotten them a sandwich to fill their empty belly. 88 cents that cost a lot more to them, than it would to us.

What would be the equivalent for us? Would we be willing to scrounge up all that we could in the same circumstance? I want God to give me a heart like that. A heart that abandons comfort, and seeks God’s desires, like helping those hearts that are hurting in Haiti. Thank you for the 88 cents, whoever you are, your kindness brought a warmth to me on a cold cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment